I wish I could understand
How our friendship crumbled
I miss our friendship
I miss our talks
I miss you
It’s been 5 years
Since I’ve seen you
5 years to long
5 years since I’ve heard your voice
5 years since I’ve last had a hug from you
I don’t know why
But I’m struggling with this
Missing you
I thought I had it under control
I guess I don’t
You were the one
I thought would be in my life forever
But I guess God had other plans
I guess you did your job
Helping me become the person I am today
I saw a mutual friend of ours
She told me
I thought you two would end up together
She said it was in our eyes
How much we cared for each other
She told me
That you were the one for me
That it was supposed to last
So what happened?
Why do I still feel the pain?
Why has it been 5 years?
5 years to long
5 years of hurting and missing you
5 years of not knowing
The cause of our friendship to crumble?
Just know this
I think of you all the time
I think of our talks
Our jokes
And the way your voice reassured me things would be ok.
But most of all I miss your hugs
That’s where I felt the safest
Knowing you would always be there for me
Knowing you would catch me when I fell
But its 5 years that have gone by
I don’t know if you would catch me now
Or if I would feel safe in your arms embrace
I don’t know anything anymore
Because it’s been 5 years
Since I’ve seen you your face & heard your voice.
I wrote this poem after stumbling across some pictures. It made me
think of this friend that used to be in my life and used to be the one
of the few people in my friendship circle that would always try and make
me feel better. This poem was a way for me to express how i was feeling
and for me to officially close that door and it will only reopen if God
wants it to.
No comments:
Post a Comment