Monday, May 20, 2013

A Friendship that can't be broken


We've been friends
for what 10 years now
We didn't always get along
but here we are
closer than ever

We have some of the same interests
But differences too
Which is good
Or our friendship would be boring

Maybe the recent break-up
has brought me closer to you
Or maybe because
you were there helping pick up the pieces
of my heart he so carelessly shattered

You were there just a text message away
telling me it's going to be okay
someone is out there for you
Thing is I fell for you

Yes I told you how I felt
You don't know feel the same way
which is okay
I value our friendship much more

It's been a strange weekend
talking about interests
asking each other how our days are
sure it seems like casual conversation
but it feels much more than that

I'm probably just reading too much into it
After all I over think things
You still stand beside me as friend
Lending me a shoulder whenever I need it
There you are

I can't shake the feelings I have for you
I can only bottle them up
put them on a shelf
and not think about changing our friendship



No comments:

Post a Comment