Monday, May 13, 2013

Finally Free

She finally feels free
She finally has closed that door
That door of friendship
That door that was full of constant hurt

The friendship has finally come to an end
She can finally let go
It was a perfect friendship
It just couldn't last forever

This time the door really is closed
It's been bolted shut
Not to be reopened until the healing has finished
She's finally free

She's free of all the wondering
She knows that he will always have a part of her heart
But she is free
Nothing will change this

Nothing can stop her from letting go
It's in her best interest
It was time to move on
Time to let go

Maybe someday they will cross paths
and that friendship will rekindle
But for now she has to let go
Figure out who she is without him

She is Finally free of him.




I wrote this poem about a year ago. I was trying to move on after feeling like I had lost a friendship and this was the way to deal was writing. There are days I wonder about the what if's, but who doesn't at times. I still long for the days where I could turn back the clock and really figure out what went wrong, but I know that God has a plan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment