Readers,
If there has been one thing that I've learned it's that music is powerful. Each time I listen to a song, even if it's not the first time I've listened to it I find some new way for it to be relevant in my life. There are so many songs out there that have helped me through break-ups, losing a friend, and just life in general. Most of the time I'm listening to music when I'm writing and that's what really helps me find my focus. It will take me to a moment that is significant and finds the emotions that I need to bring out in the piece. Heartache seems to be the most recent of emotions that I'm bringing out. I'm not going to lie it was a tough breakup. The one person you think is the one and you make plans with breaks your heart. Then doesn't even care until two months later when they start missing you. It's usually around the time that you think you have moved on and have finally healed all the wounds. In reality though you haven't you are still keeping the bandages on until the wounds have fully healed. The other thing that could happen is that your best male friend who seems to always be there when the time is right is there catching the pieces of your broken heart, only to find out that he doesn't feel that way. At least that's what he's telling you, however making plans for next summer and knowing your work schedule indicates something else. Most of my guy friends don't know my work schedule and we barely make plans a day in advanced. Again music was there to get me through all of it.
Finding music to listen to isn't just a hobby but for me it's essential that I find the right song to help me deal with whatever is bothering me. Gloriana's "Can't Shake You," Luke Bryan's "Crash My Party," Lady Antebellum's "Get to Me," and Better Off Now (That You're Gone). All songs that I have found something in to help me through the last few days. "Crash my Party" a great song about love and how he's telling her that he will always be there. I some how wish that this was my life and it is for just being friends but nothing more than that. "Can't Shake You," the break-up song about how they can't let the person go, which seems to be my issue right now. The other two well one is where she is wishing he would get to her as fast as he can and make everything better and the other one is saying that I'm better that you're gone. All of these songs have helped me write some powerful things, but they seem too personal for me to share them at least at this moment.
Readers, go out and find those songs that make you think about your life and the emotions that the music brings out.
No comments:
Post a Comment